Tooth bonding or dental bonding uses a special tooth-coloured material which is applied to the tooth then hardened using a special light.
At Manor House Dental our dentist take a very keen interest in dental bondings. Dental bondings are a very popular way of restoring or repairing a smile without excessive tooth grinding.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered to:
- Repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Change the shape of teeth
- Use as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
Why do we recommend dental bondings?
Dental bondings are among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures. Unlike veneers and crowns, which are customised tooth coverings that must be manufactured in a laboratory, bonding usually can be done in one visit unless several teeth are involved. Another advantage, compared with veneers and crowns, is that the least amount of tooth enamel is removed. Also, unless dental bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anaesthesia is usually not required.
Please call Manor House Dental on 0121 743 2503 or email email@example.com