Are you looking for ways to improve your smile and gain more confidence? Here at Manor House Dental, we provide permanent solutions for replacing a missing tooth or teeth. This surgical procedure is known as dental implants where a titanium screw is placed directly into your jawbone to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are suitable for all ages of adults but are not recommended for those under the age of 18 as the jaw is still developing. Before you can decide whether or not you would like to have this treatment you will need to consult with your dentist.
How Long Does Dental Implant Treatment Take?
Dental implant treatments normally take between three to nine months, but every case can be different. It might take longer if you require extractions or bone grafts prior to the treatment. Your dentist should give you an estimate on how long your treatment will take.
Dental Implant Benefits
Getting dental implants has a range of benefits, these include:
- Improved confidence and smile. Dental implants look realistic and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved comfort. It eradicates the discomfort of removable dentures
- Permanent fixture to tooth loss. Because they are fused with the bone.
- Improved self-esteem.
- Improved Speech. Dental implants allow you to speak more clearly.
- Eating becomes easier. As they feel like real teeth you can eat your favourite foods with confidence and without any pain or discomfort.
- Improved oral health. More of your own teeth are left intact without the need to reduce them, and they also keep your jawline healthy by stimulating the bone tissue which improves long-term oral health.
- Highly convenient and easier to take care of. Unlike removable dentures, dental implants remain intact.
When Are Dental Implants Not an Option?
As this is a surgical procedure, you must be in good physical health. You also must have enough bone in the jaw to support the implants. If you have a chronic illness such as leukaemia or diabetes you may not be a suitable candidate to have dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
A lot of people worry about getting dental implants as they believe it to be a painful process. However, this is not usually the case. Dental Implants are pain-free as an anaesthetic is used but the procedure can be a little uncomfortable. This is normal and usually lasts around a day. Over-the-counter painkillers should be enough to manage the pain. However, if the pain consists or worsens over time, get in touch with us for further advice.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are designed as a permanent solution to tooth loss. They are highly durable and can last up to 20-30 years, depending on how well you look after your teeth and oral hygiene. Regular brushing and flossing will ensure their longevity. Here at Manor House Dental, we have finance options available to help you with the cost of the treatment.
Get in Touch With Us Today
If you want to get your smile back with dental implants, contact us today via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0121 817 3929 for any enquiries. Our dentists are highly trained and experienced. Take a look at the amazing results achieved with Manor House Dental through our Smile Gallery.